Friday, December 26, 2014

Plans for 2015

Do you make resolutions?  Many do, but I usually don't.  However, next year is different.  I am making a fresh start, but not waiting till Thursday 1/1/2015 to do it.  I plan to start this Sunday, 12/28/2014, the first day of the week. I also will recommit every Sunday, us humans frequently mess up, but to avoid derailing myself, I'll recommit each week.  What am I commiting to?  improving my all over health- physically, mentally, intellectually, financially, and spiritually.  I am sharing this with you as part of my accountability.  

Physically, I am committing to planning my week of meals ahead, and sharing these plans with my 16 yr old son and accountability partner.  He and I are working together to improve our health and fitness.  I am also in a few Facebook groups about health, this helps with accountability too.  Additionally, I have Skinny Fiber, which helps decrease my appetite. I am so impressed with Skinny Fiber's results, I even sell it. I am not one to jump on the network marketing bandwagon, but Skinny Fiber really works!  I also commit to working out at the gym 2-3 days per week.  I hope to eventually get to 4-5 days a week, but let's go one step at a time.  I will also do my yoga dvds 2-3 days per week. 

Mentally, I am listening to and reading positive, edifying, uplifting info.  I especially like reading and listening to Dani Johnson.  I learn so much and it really lifts my spirits. Additionally, I plan to set aside more quiet time.  Time to "Be still and know that He is God." Psalm 46:10

Intellectually, I commit to reading my peer reviewed journals, and  reading my daily updates from AANP and Medscape. I also commit to listening to more Reach MD and Doctor Radio to further my knowledge.  I commit to using this knowledge daily in my practice as a NP in an ongoing effort to be the best NP I can possibly be. 

Financially, I am 100% committed  to living the "Baby Steps" taught by Dave Ramsey.  Also, fueled by the financial advice of Dani Johnson. I will get out of debt, and build wealth.  I commit to "live like no one else now, so later I can live and give like no one else."Dave Ramsey.  

Spiritually, I commit to reading scripture daily.  It may be a verse, a chapter, or a book, whatever it is, daily I will read. I also commit keeping The Father's Sabbath (Leviticus 23:3).  

Do you have anything you want to commit to?  Share it with me, lets do this together, encouraging each step along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment