Saturday, April 25, 2015

What Do You Like To Do For Exercise

What do you like to do for exercise?  I hear so many folks say "I only walk."  Any  exercise you do is better than no exercise, and in reality, walking is one of the best exercises you can do.  It offers great cardio benefits while putting little stress on your joints.  Some of my friends like to hike outdoors.  Arizona is a grwat place for outdoor activities.  I have other friends who bike for exercise in the great Arizona outdoors.  I'm personally not an outdoors person.  I exercise using dvds for cardio and yoga.  I also weightlift at the gym for strength training.  I try to do cardio followed by yoga 2-3 days per week.  I also weightlift 2-3 days per week.  I am not a morning person, but have learned to get up and workout at 5am. If I try to go after work, I usually flake out due to exhaustion.  I have learned to wake up and workout, which I've found actually helps me feel better during my day.  I'm far more alert with the extra boost of oxygen to my brain from working out.

I'd love to hear what you like to do for exercise 😊

1 comment:

  1. I'm a marathon runner and triathlete, but have not had the time to pursue these activities since having my son last year. Currently I am doing at-home DVDs with a wide variety of weights, cardio, yoga, and pilates. My favourite trainers are Shaun T and Chalene Johnson -- it helps when the person on the screen is motivating! I also try to walk 10,000 steps a day.

    ReplyDelete