Monday, February 9, 2015

What Do You See

Have you ever noticed we tend to see the worst when we look in the mirror, or see a picture of ourselves?  I was reminded of this today.  I shared some pics on Facebook of my husband and I in Bisbee, AZ, where we visited over the weekend with two of our kids and a French foreign exchange student visiting with us. My friends commented how handsome and buff my husband looked. My husband was more critical and voiced  very different comments about his looks in the photo.  I showed him some of the comments my friends posted, he was very surprised.  Funny how different we see ourselves!  

Maybe, instead of criticizing ourselves, we should purposely look at our reflection and make note of at least 2 things we like in the mirror, and write them down.  Every week we could add another thing we like about ourselves.  If we catch ourselves being overly critical, we can recount the positive things we saw, thus reminding us of our good qualities.  

What are other ways we can dispel the poor self talk we often engage in?  Leave your answer in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment