Friday, February 27, 2015

Showing Kindness

How do you show kindness to others? 

I believe in showing kindness to others.  There are so many ways we can show kindness to others.  Here are a few I like to do. 

This is something I strive daily to do.  I like to smile most of the time.  I find it makes both others and me feel more comfortable and content.

When I see service men and women in uniform, I thank them for their service.  They have written a blank check to protect my freedom, the least I can do is say "Thank you."

I have always been one to open doirs for others and offer my seat.  These little acts can be just the ticket to brighten someone's day.

Recently, I decided to take another step. I made small bags with hard candies and my business card to hand out as a thank you wherever I go.  I handed a few out for the first time yesterday. My kids and I were at Five Guys enjoying our hamburgers.  I saw how hard the crew was diligently working to serve customers.  I gave them 2 small baggies with hard candies and my business card. I let them know I appreciated their hard work and wanted to say thank you. My kids were a little embarassed, but the manager smiled bright and said thank you when I handed them the baggies. 

It may be hard at times to walknup to a stranger and say "thank you", smile, take the time to open a door for someone, or offer your seat, but it may be just the thing that person needs to know kindness exists. 

How do you show kindness to others?

"We love because he first loved us." 
1 John 4:19



No comments:

Post a Comment